Most people don’t give much thought to the locksmiths who works on their car key replacement and do other repairs. But whenever they get locked out of their car or house, it is the first person that comes into mind. Locksmithing is a profession which is intriguing with some interesting facts about it which include:
• The necessary skill set:A locksmith and lock repair professional is a true person with the necessary skill set which includes various other professions. A locksmith will have to do the job that a mechanic, engineer, security expert, and a carpenter does in order to bring out quality products and work.
• A profession which is ancient: Locksmithing is one of the professions which has been around for a very long time across the world. As a locksmith their skills were needed way back in 4000 years ago in Babylon and Egypt. From these civilizations in the middle east, lock and key technology spread to the north in Rome and Greece and into East China.
• The oldest locks: The oldest locks to have existed are over 4000 years ago. It was dug up in the Khorsabad Palace ruins in Nineveh. A lock that utilized key dates around 704 BC and was found in the city of Khorsabad in the Sargon Palace ruins.
• The profession modernization: Keys and locks have remained the same for many years before the first innovation came into place. It was in the 900 AD that the first locks constructed from metals such as brass and iron began to appear. In the 14th century, locksmithing took another leap forward when ornate and intricate locks came into being.
• The magician of locksmith: Harry Houdini is known by many people because of his feats of magic but at the same time, he should be known for being behind the start of a locksmith.